Special Occasions Wine Lists
1. Ladera Verde Sauvignon, Central Valley 2008 – Chile £15.95
Crisp and fresh with limey fruit, a hint of herbs and a twist of melon. Typically
dependable and friendly, and an excellent introduction to Chile.
2. Los Vilos Chardonnay 2008 – Chile £16.25
A real crowd pleaser! Chardonnay with a dash of Sauvignon Blanc blends well to give
weight and lively tropical fruit flavours.
3. Wide River Chenin Blanc 2008 – South Africa £16.50
Crisp and appealing. This is a wine with a gentle floral character and well balanced
4. Astica Semillon Sauvignon 2006 – Western Australia £17.95
An attractive wine with good herbaceous and gooseberry flavours. The Semillon gives it
weight in the mouth balanced by the acidity and freshness of Sauvignon.
5. Fiorile Pinot Grigio 2011 – Italy £18.50
This flavoursome Pinot Grigio is dry & fruity with slightly smoky notes. The
development of this fuller flavour is aided by the cooler climate of Trentino’s Alpine
6. Pinot Gris, Mendoza, Bodga Lurton 2008 - Argentina £22.00
Rare in Argentina, the Lurtons harvest this variety first each year to retain the
delicate bouquet and the rich complex flavours of peaches, apricots and raisins.
7. Churton Sauvignon Blanc 2008 – New Zealand £24.00
Quite simply a stunning wine. Delicious grassy, gooseberry flavours abound.
8. St. Veran Collovray 2008 – Burgundy £25.95
This is a fine white Burgundy with slightly fuller richer flavours than nearby Chablis.
Enjoy this with creamy chicken dishes.
9. Chablis Caractere 2007 – Burgundy £29.95
This is a very true style of Chablis with a flinty, mineral character, concentrated fruit
and a crisp dry finish.
Red Wine List
9. Ladera Verde Merlot, Central Valley 2008 – Chile £15.95
This has lovely plumy Merlot fruit with a ripeness that is so typical of Chile. Easy and
very drinkable, this is a pleasing wine for current drinking.
10. Los Vilos Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 – Chile £16.25
A classic combination of Cabernet and a dash of Merlot makes for a fruity soft
flavoursome red to be enjoyed with or without food.
11. Moncaro Sangiovese 2005 – Italy £16.50
Won a seal of approval at this years international wine challenge. A fragrant bouquet
with hints of wild berries.
12. Astica Merlot Malbec 2006 – Argentina £17.95
From the famous Trapiche vineyard comes this fantastic example of just what
Argentina are capable of producing. Soft round & very easy drinking.
14. Sunnycliff Shiraz 2010 – Western Australia £18.25
This is a chunky red with sweet, brambly fruit and chocolaty flavours.
15. Freedom Cross Pinotage, Costal Region 2008 – South Africa £18.90
This wine is softly styled with intense blackberry fruit and mocha coffee notes.
16. Anakena Pinot Noir 2010 – Chilie £19.50
Ruby red in colour, this Pinot Noir presents intense and complex aromas of cherry
and a hint of roses. On the palate it is ample and balanced with silky tannins.
17. Gustales Crianza Rioja 2011 – Spain £19.95
With 15 months in oak, this is a most appealing wine showing strawberry fruit and
vanilla on the nose and a smooth silky palate.
18. Chateau Chassantour 2007 – Beaujolais £21.75
A Succlent, velvety soft Beaujolais from a top Domaine.
This Gamay has delicious raspberry character and good length.
Rose Wine List
19. Amanti del Vino Pinot Grigio Roasto 2011 – Italy £15.95
Softly textured with lots of juicy, ripe red summer fruit flavours and a gentle floral perfume.
20. Astica Cabernet Sauvignon Rose 2006 – Chile £18.95
A full flavoured rose rich in raspberry and strawberry flavours. Dry but still fruity. Smooth & elegant.
Sparkling Wine and Champagne
20. Tanners Cava Brut – Spain £22.50
A Superb, creamy, biscuity Cava with a lovely fine mousse and plenty of character.
21.Prosecco di Valdobbiadene – Italy £22.50
A fine alternative to Champagne. Dry but still fruity with fresh fruit aromas.
22.Tanners Champagne, Extra Brut Reserve – France £37.50
A Superb dry Champagne with an attractive golden colour and a fragrant fruity structure.
23. Taylors LBV 2000
By The Bottle £30.00 / By the Glass £ 4.00
24. Niepoort Tawny
By The Bottle £25.50 / By The Glass £ 4.00